Work with Us
Thank you for your interest in joining the faculty and staff of Shalom Christian Academy to develop lives of consequence in the world for the kingdom of God. Shalom Christian Academy is a PreK – 12 school with over 600 students located in south central Pennsylvania. We realize that the key to a successful Christian School is its staff. We are seeking applicants who are professionally qualified, who are willing to invest in the lives of students, and who, by the pattern of their lives, are Christian role models. View our Statement of Faith here. Completed employment applications can be emailed to Shalom@shalomca.com or mailed to 126 Social Island Road, Chambersburg, PA 17202.
Applications are currently being accepted. Hard copies should be mailed to Angie Petersheim, Shalom Christian Academy, 126 Social Island Road, Chambersburg, PA 17202. We will also accept scanned copies emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR FACULTY
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in education.
- A current state and/or ACSI certification is helpful.
- Necessary skills include the use of a Smartboard, iPad, and Google.
- Alignment with Shalom Christian Academy’s mission and values. (Read our Statement of Faith)
- Ability to work collaboratively with a community of teachers.
- Effective communication skills with students, parents, and others.
PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS FOR APPLICATION:
- Teacher Application (Includes salary information) or Staff Application
- Unofficial transcripts (Only necessary for teaching positions)
- DPTT Release Form
- Act 24 Arrest/Conviction Form
Questions? Please call (717) 375-2223 or send us an email at Shalom@shalomca.com.
From the moment you choose Shalom, you are part of our community. Our culture is based on individuals who come together each school year to support, encourage, and energize one another. Within the school setting we provide opportunities for students to develop relationships with teachers and each other. Our community also results in lifelong friendships among classmates. Families form relationships that extend beyond the school. There is a sense of belonging as students learn together at Shalom.