Tuition, Fees & Financial Aid
An Investment in Your Student's Future
Our goal at Shalom Christian Academy is to provide an excellent education while keeping tuition as reasonable as possible.
This year, 28% of our students were awarded scholarships totaling more than $140,000.Tuition covers only a part of the total operating expenses at Shalom. Here is tuition information for the 2019-2020 school year.
There is a 2% discount if tuition is paid in full by July 1, 2019 and a 1% discount if paid in full by August 1, 2019.
- Registration Fees
- Extended Care Options
- Early Withdrawal Policy
- Financial Aid
- Tuition Payment Options
- Optional Educational Programs
Application Fee: A non-refundable fee must be submitted with the application.
- January 1 - May 31, the registration fee is $75.00/student
- June 1 - July 31, the registration fee is $125.00/student
- After July 31, the registration fee is $150.00/student
Morning care is available from 7:00 am to 8:15 am and after school care is offered from 3:15 pm to 5:30 pm. Care is offered on days when school is in session. During after school care, students will have a time for homework, snack, and play (outside if the weather permits).
Cost for care is $4.25 per hour/student and is prorated as needed. Parents are billed on a weekly basis. Registration is required in advance.
After enrolling a student, and a family chooses to withdraw prior to the end of the year, tuition owed is based on the following formula. If a family withdraws:
- Between June 1 and the end of the first marking period, they are responsible for tuition through the end of the first marking period tuition plus a 25% penalty.
- During the second marking period, they are responsible for tuition through the end of the second marking period plus a 15% penalty.
- During the third marking period, they are responsible for tuition through the end of the third marking period plus a 10% penalty.
- During the fourth marking period, they are responsible for full year tuition with no penalty.
Note: There is not a penalty for a family who registers for the upcoming school year and then chooses to withdraw prior to June 1. They will not be charged tuition or penalties.
Through Pennsylvania’s Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) program, we are able to offer scholarships up to 30% off of the current rate.
These are based on need and require that families submit a scholarship application. Scholarship applications are due by April 17, 2019
- 12 Monthly payments
- 10 Monthly payments
- Quarterly payments
- One time Annual payment: This option includes a 2% discount if tuition is paid in full by July 1, 2019 and 1% discount if tuition is paid in full by August 1, 2019.
FACTS is the payment plan provider most widely used by private, faith-based, and public schools nationwide. Since 1986, they have grown to serve more than 5,000 schools and have processed payments for more than two million families. FACTS helps families meet their financial obligations in a simple, convenient way that is completely confidential and secure. Because it is not a loan program, FACTS does not assess any interest or finance charges, and there is no credit check.
Schools using FACTS find that this service provides a better way for them to more efficiently manage the fee collection process while offering convenience to their families. In addition to collection payments, FACTS provides the schools with a variety of financial and management reports. They also help schools control their costs so that future fee increase are kept at the lowest possible level. This enables schools to focus on the quality of education all students receive.
Sign me up for a tour of Shalom Christian Academy!