Apply to Shalom
Applications will be received beginning January 2, 2020 for the 2020 - 2021 school year.*
Thank you for your interest in Shalom Christian Academy! We are excited to begin this journey with you and your family! We look forward to meeting your family.
- Schedule a tour or attend an Open House, Whale Watch or Bear Hunt
- General Application for Admission
- Student Application for Admission - Please submit one application for each student
- Application fee: This fee is non-refundable. Payment is due at the time of application. Pay by cash or check.
January 1 - May 31, the registration fee is $75.00/student
June 1 - July 31, the registration fee is $125.00/student
After July 31, the registration fee is $150.00/student
Current School Year - $150
- Recommendation forms
- Report Card: Submit a copy of the student’s current report card
- Entrance Testing: 1st through 12th grade applicants must be tested or submit scores from achievement tests taken in the last 12 months. All Kindergarten students are tested. Testing will be scheduled after all documents have been submitted.
- Interview: After completion of these requirements, a family interview, if needed, will be scheduled with the appropriate principal (Elementary or Secondary). Both parents (when applicable) will attend with their applying children (only Secondary children are required to attend, not elementary).
*We must receive your application no later than July 31 for the following school year in order for your student to start at Shalom on the first day of school. All applications received after July 31 will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
After reviewing all submitted paperwork and conducting a family interview, the administration team will decide whether to offer acceptance into Shalom for the coming school year. At this time, an acceptance letter will be mailed to the newly accepted family.
Parent Agreement Contract: This contract must be signed and returned to complete the admission process. Once it is returned to the school, your child(ren) will be enrolled in Shalom Christian Academy.
After Acceptance to Shalom:
Records: A copy of birth certificate and immunization record must be in the office before the first day of school.
Class Scheduling: Students entering grades 6th - 12th will meet with the Secondary Principal to schedule classes for the upcoming year.
New Parent Meeting: Attendance at a new parent meeting is required for at least one parent or guardian, although both parents are encouraged to attend. This informational meeting is with the Administration and Spiritual Life Committee.