Kindergarten is an exciting stage in your child’s development. Our goal at Shalom Christian Academy is to provide academic excellence from a Biblical perspective so that our students are prepared to be successful in a world in which they live.
In kindergarten, your child will be introduced to letters and their sounds. These are the foundations for reading. Manipulatives will often be used to teach the logic and order of math. Bible stories and verse memorization will also be a regular part of your child’s education. Science and social studies will teach your child about the world around us. Music, art, physical education, and makerspace provide additional enrichment experiences for students.
Kindergarten classes operate on the same daily hours as other grades at Shalom Christian Academy. Students attend each day.
We will no longer offer alternate day kindergarten.
WANT TO LEARN MORE?
Click here to learn more about our admission process.
Questions about the kindergarten programs at Shalom Christian Academy? Call Elementary Principal Jaime Keller at 717-375-2058 or email email@example.com.
Our kindergarten classes offer:
- English language arts to promote success in first grade including Kid-Writing Journals
- Exciting hands-on math curriculum and activities that teach concepts through play and fun activities
- Fundamental science and social studies programs
- Daily instruction and modeling of important Bible themes and Biblical character building qualities
- Christian character curriculum taught in chapel
- Physical education, music, chorus, art, and library classes weekly
- Educational learning centers
- 2-3 field trips
- A lot of fun, love, and nurturing to grow academically, emotionally, and spiritually